Hi friends!! Just as a few of my latest posts have begun, this post has been requested more than a few times on my Instagram. I’m not a beauty guru in the slightest and let’s just say today’s post was supposed to be a holiday makeup look, but the trial run of the look was… unholy and
slightly very terrifying to say the least. As I still wanted to fulfill your want for a beauty look, I decided to go for a safer, less editorial route.
Today, I am sharing with you a step-by-step process for the makeup routine that I turn to whenever I want to be glam for an outfit shoot. It’s a simple routine with the basics of face makeup and with a bronze eye shadow look as the wow factor. Let’s get into it!
1. Dampen your beauty blenders: I always use damp beauty blenders when applying my foundation. Of course, you can use them dry, but when they are slightly wet it is easier to pat the foundation completely onto your skin. Damp beauty blenders also gives a nice dewy finish to your face makeup.
2.Foundation: Foundation is the first step for me when it comes to makeup. I blend in foundation under my eyes and around my eyebrows with the smaller, pointed purple beauty blender shown above. Then, using the bigger, green beauty blender I pat in the rest of my face makeup.
3. Eye Shadow: Next,I start in on my eye makeup. To begin, I dab a bit of foundation onto my eyelid as a base to keep the shadows in place all shoot. Then, using a thicker brush (shown below), I blend the Hoola Bronzer into my crease and onto my lid. Although the bronzer clearly isn’t actually an eye shadow, it works beautifully as one and is perfect for a quick makeup look. Next, I take the shimmery bronze color of Adorn from the Anastasia Beverly Hills Subculture palette and using my finger I dab it onto my lid.
Using my eye singlet from Urban Decay in midnight Cowboy, I press the shadow into my inner corner to brighten up the look. Finally, I use the same thick brush from before and swipe some of the bronzer underneath my eye for a more dramatic and smoky effect. I’m convinced the last step it what makes me seem good at makeup on camera 😉
4. Mascara: A popular response I receive to a lot of my Instagram stories is the question: where is your mascara from? I pride myself on the products and routine I use for this particular part of the makeup process. First, I use my Smashbox Photo Finish Lash Primer, to lengthen my lashes and give them more volume. Then, I use my Sephora Collection Volumizing Mascara as the main mascara. Together, this pair creates the longest lashes I’ve ever had. My looks literally would not be the same without them!
5. Bronzer: Here’s the step where I use the Hoola Bronzer for its actual purpose: to make my skin less pale 🙂 I swipe this product underneath my cheekbones, my jawline, and along the temples of my forehead. Since I’m naturally very pale, especially in the winter, this bronzer just adds the sun-kissed touch everyone needs in their life.
6. Lipstick: The last step in my photo shoot makeup routine is lipstick! I always go for a nude/pink tone lip. Lately, I’ve been using my Real Her lip color in Mauve.
Here is the finished look:
There you have it; my photo shoot makeup routine! I hope you enjoyed this post and getting a peek into my simple makeup. Leave a comment below letting me know what type of makeup you typically wear, and feel free to drop any questions or blog post ideas while you’re down there. Thanks so much for reading!