My very first post this year was my 18 Goals for 2018, and I have every intention to meet all of those goals. However, sometimes I start to forget and lose motivation to complete them, which is where this post comes in! This post is a goals check-up, where I list all 18 goals and whether or not I am on track to meet them by the end of the year (or if I’ve met them!). I did this last year, and it definitely kept me in line and made me remember what needs to get done to achieve everything I want to. Also, many of you said that this post motivated you to revisit your own year goals and to get yourself back on track! I hope that this post does the same, and make sure to let me know a few of your 2018 goals in the comments!
1. 2,800 Blog Followers: As of right now, I’m on track to reach this goal, which excites me so much! Each day this blog is growing, and it makes me so happy that my content is reaching more and more people because that just gives me the opportunity to inspire more.
2. Work with 10 Brands and 4 Bloggers I LOVE: Like I said in my original goals post for this year, one of my favorite parts about blogging is creating relationships with brands and other bloggers. The total tally as of right now is 3 brand collabs (on track) and, of course, 1 blogger collab with my girl, Cal! I’ve loved every product and experience from these so far, and I’m excited and ready for more great experiences. Here are the links to the posts I have made for these AWESOME collabs:
3. Create More Posts About Feminism, Activism, etc.: This is a goal that was and still is super important to me, and so far I have done pretty well. I love having a blog to be able to spread the word and educate you all on certain topics like sexual assault, women’s rights, and most recently, gun reforms. Feel free to go check’em out:
Some of the beautiful ladies that participated in my What Even Is Feminism post!
4. Go Self-Hosted: Obviously, this one has not been done just yet, and I should definitely get started on researching the whole self-hosted blog process. School and other activities are keeping me super busy, so I’m planning to accomplish this goal over the summer 🙂
5. 2,500 Instagram Followers: Insta is the place I want to grow the most this year, but it’s proving to be a lot harder than I thought it would be. My content has improved immensely, and I’m super happy with it, but I am having a difficult time consistently growing on the app. The year was off to a great start, but considering I’ve stayed at the same follower count for the past 3 weeks is a bit frustrating. But I’m gonna keep pushing and creating content I love for you guys!
6. Run 3x A Week: Okay, this one is a big oof as I’ve only done it 4 weeks out of this entire year, none of those weeks being in the last month. I’ve been playing tennis at least three times a week and I’m active the other days just not in running form, which was not my fitness plan for this year 😂 I am going to try and start running as much as possible, and hopefully at the next goal check-up I can report better results!
7. Journal: A simple, yet hardly met goal. It literally takes less than 10 minutes to do this once a night, but for some reason this isn’t happening for me. Along with running, I’m going to make an active (no pun intended) effort to start meeting these goals.
8. Finish 1-2 Major (Editorial?) Portrait Projects: Photography was my new-found passion in 2017, and I want to continue to build on it. I’ve been head over heels in love with any magazine editorial I come across, and would love to have a high-fashion type portrait series that I’ve created to add to my photography checklist. I have one in the works, so if everything works out, you should be seeing an editorial series on the blog within the next couple of months. 😉 Here are my photography posts from this year so far:
My gorgeous friend, Eliza, let me snap some photos of her on the tennis courts!
9. DIY More Thrift Finds: I’ve only DIYed painted a pair of my jeans so far this year, and as soon as I get the opportunity to hit up my local thrift stores, there will be lots of DIYs to do!
10. Earn All A’s: So far, so good! I lowkey hate having this goal on here because I feel like it’s going to jinx me (haha I probably just jinxed myself just then), but last year it worked to motivate me, so this year it should have the same effect.
11. Read 36 Books: I have 12 under my belt, and 24 left to go! This is on track to surpass my goal for this year, which makes me so happy. I used to be such an avid reader when I was younger, and am trying to get myself back into since it’s good for you mentally and education-wise.
12. Travel Somewhere with 2+ Friends: Hanging out with friends is one of my favorite things to do, and I’m hoping to meet this goal sooner than later 🙂 Although, with everyone’s busy schedules, this may have to wait until the summer, but as long as it happens, I’ll be happy!
A photo from last summer’s travels to Chicago, Illinois.
13. Find A New Hobby to Enjoy: This is my most vague goal on this list, but I’m trying to not limit myself to picking up one specific thing. I have yet to find a new hobby (or maybe I have and don’t know it yet!), and I’m willing to let it come with time because I want to be surprised when it does come.
14. Participate in 4+ Community Projects: Woohoo! This goal amounts to about 1 community project every 3 months (with other service in between), and I am on track! In January, one of my friends and I went with a local church to help put on a Red Carpet Event at our local children’s hospital. Setting up the event, then seeing the little kids walk down the carpet with face paint and costumes we had helped them into was the cutest thing and so much fun! I can’t wait for more projects like this one.
15. ACTUAL Closet Clean-Out: Ok, so this one is kind of hard to judge on whether or not I’ve done it. Every few weeks throughout this year I have gone through and gotten rid of 8+ items from my closet to donate or to sell to friends. This definitely isn’t the type of closet clean-out I had in mind at the beginning of the year (I was thinking of the 20+ item ones), but I’ve done a pretty good job at minimizing the clothing, which was the whole point of this goal. So I’m gonna count this one as on track!
Me ‘n my closet 😉
16. Make 1 of my Own Designs: Like I said in my previous goals post, this is something I am willing to work hard on this summer (it’ll probably be a graphic tee to start out with), as it is a dream of mine to create something for myself (and potentially others…) to wear!
17. Find Healthy Alternatives at Restaurants/Fast Food Places: Not gonna lie, I have not been keeping track of this goal one bit, and forgot about it. Whoops! Definitely going to be keeping this in mind for my next fast food adventures 🙂
18. Turn Off Phone 30+ Minutes Before going to Sleep: This goal is come and go for me. It doesn’t happen every night, but happens enough to where I can say that I’m on track for this goal to be met by the end of the year. This all comes down to a discipline thing, and I think if I can find something to replace the phone before bed then all will be well.
Writing this post 100% helped me remember goals I had forgot, and I have already started working on some of the goals I had neglected! I hope you enjoyed this post, and that it inspired you to revisit your goals and become extra motivated. Make sure to leave a comment on a few of your 2018 goals and feel free to drop any questions or blog post ideas in the comments as well. Thanks so much for reading!!