You guys, it’s officially Holiday Season!! I’ve been waiting to be able to say that for so long, and now that I can I’m ecstatic. This means Christmas trees, cute PJs, holiday parties (my Holiday Party Lookbook 2017), and fantastic music. For the second post in the Holiday series on my blog, today I’m sharing a Holiday Gift Guide! A lot of these gifts apply mostly to girls, but there’s a few gender neutral ones in here as well. Sometimes finding the right present for people can be hard, so my goal in this post is to give you all some bomb gift ideas that you can use for those near and dear to you (and maybe even yourself!).
– A Chenille Sweater: The chenille fabric has been popping up on sweaters in multiple stores lately, and it’s not hard to see why. At first sight, the material looks soft, but when worn is even softer! Since the sweaters come in many colors and styles (turtlenecks, cropped, tight, loose, etc.) it won’t be hard to find one that aligns with the style of someone on your list.
– Funky Earrings: Earrings are the accessory of the moment, and just seem to be getting bigger and bigger by the day. They can elevate any look, and are a good conversation starter. Look for colorful tassels, metallic geometrics, and rippled hoops to give as gifts this year.
– A Stand-Out Jumpsuit: Parties are slowly transitioning from dress-filled events to a mix of dresses and one of the coolest clothing creations out there; jumpsuits! Jumpsuits are extremely versatile and can layered under or over sweaters, worn with a cardigan and booties or a nice pair of heels. This is a perfect gift for the glam fashionista on your list. Go for materials like metallics and velvet in jewel tones.
– Satin Pajama Set: Nothing can make a girl feel more put together than a satin pajama set (what’s the point of sleeping if you don’t look good doing it?!). They’re comfy, and it’s becoming a trend to wear satin sets (or just the top with jeans) with a nice pair of heels for a classy evening out-on-the-town. Satin pajamas are like a 2-in-1, which is great for any Christmas present.
– CaseApp Cases and Skins: CaseApp is the ultimate website to go to if you or someone you know wants a new phone or laptop case (they have iPhone, Samsung, and iPad cases) for Christmas. There are many options to choose from for any personality/taste. The company has the popular marble cases, cases with cute doodles of cacti, people, flowers, etc., and so many other cool designs. If you can’t find The One, they have a customize feature to add text, color, and your own design or photography to create the perfect case. CaseApp’s products are high-quality and protective (I have 2!) and should be everyone’s go-to for phone and laptop cases/skins during and after the holiday season! Also, you can use my code: 20OLIVIA for 20% off your order until December 22, 2017!! Here are a few of my favs:
– Pocket Printer: Everyone has those times when a phone picture turns out 10x better than expected, and having a hard copy would be amazing! With a pocket printer you can wirelessly print the photo right after it’s taken, and can hang it up on a photo wall or give it to someone. Whether it’s for the best photographer in your family or the person in your friend group with the dopest Instagram feed, the pocket printer would be appreciated by lots of people.
– Popsockets: Popsockets are the #1 phone accessory everyone should have, and I’m sure you’ve heard of them. We’ve all been laying down looking at our phones when it falls and hits our face, or wanted to stand up our phones on a service to watch a video. Popsockets help you with just that, and just like the CaseApp cases, there’s a design for anyone out there and if there isn’t, there’s a customize feature. I’ve had a rainbow one and a friend customized one for me (it was of Barack Obama ;)), and I’ve loved both. Popsockets are a good stocking stuffer and a cheap gift to give to a friend.
– Lorac Mega Pro 4 Palette: This eyeshadow palette contains almost every color under the sun. From a shimmery bright green to multiple bronze shades, the Lorac Mega Pro 4 would be a wonderful gift for your gal friend that creates the most bomb makeup looks with the coolest of colors (whether the looks are abstract or everyday). It has good, pigmented shades for the winter season and any makeup-lover would be ecstatic to receive this palette.
– Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara: The Better Than Sex Mascara gives the effect of false eyelashes without actually putting any on. It gives volume and darkens the lashes, but doesn’t get clumpy. Also, this mascara can be used for natural looks and layered for a more dramatic effect. Mascara is the basis of any makeup routine and the Better Than Sex one from Too Faced is another great stocking stuffer for anyone on your Christmas list.
– Voluspa Candles: From what I’ve heard, the Voluspa candles are the bomb.com! They have tons of scents and the candles come in the most adorable packaging that is unique for each scent. These will leave a nice aroma in the air, and people love these during the colder months. Candles are something everyone likes to light up and have their house smelling good, so it’s hard to go wrong with them.
– Planner for 2018: As we all know, after Christmas 2018 will be coming in hot, and what better gift to prepare for the New Years than a 2018 planner?! Lots of people’s goals at the beginning of a new year are to become more organized and a calendar is a big part of that. Plus, people might not always buy the cutest planner for themselves, but you can easily give them a high quality one for Christmas. Here are a few of the best places with the best planners:
Erin Condren (the Life Planner is amazing, my sister has one!)
Emily Ley (the Simplified Planner)
– Care Package: A care package is just a little cute gift idea that includes everything one could need on a cold winter day. Grab a charming coffee mug and place a hot cocoa mix with marshmallows, a candy cane, some sweet smelling lotion and chap stick, and a face mask inside the mug. These items are interchangeable, and as long as they’re something you know the person would love, feel free to add it to this care package mix!
– Aesthetically Pleasing Notebooks: Cute notebooks are one of the best gift items to give. The majority of people use them; to write down lists, create stories, jot notes for class, etc., so it’s hard to go wrong with a notebook. Find one that represents or is the favorite color of the person you’re buying for, and grab some colorful pens to go with it. Places like Target, Marshalls, and TJ Maxx have many different notebook designs with all different textures, sizes, and patterns.
-Experience Gift: The last gift idea is to give someone an Experience gift. For example, gifts like this are concert/play/movie tickets, a trip to somewhere special, or take them shopping or out to eat at a high-end store/restaurant. Experience gifts are some of the best you can give to other people because chances are the memory of that time will outlast any other present you could give them. This is highly recommended if you have known the person for a long time or are very close to them!
That wraps up my Holiday Gift Guide for 2017! I highly recommend checking out all these products because they are the best of the best. I hope this post helped you with choosing presents for your friends and family this Christmas, and maybe even inspired your own Christmas list. Leave a comment below letting me know what you’re asking for this holiday season, and feel free to drop any questions or blog post ideas you may have while you’re down there. Thanks for reading and Happy Holidays!!