At the beginning of this year, I wrote a post on my 17 Goals for 2017, and later on decided to do a check-up every 3 months to see if I’m meeting/working towards them. It’s hard for me to believe that I only wrote my last check-up in June and that my next one will be at the end of this year! Reviewing these goals helps me to remember to keep trying to meet them, and if there are any I’ve already met, I’ll replace them with a related new goal!
My previous goal posts:
- Eat healthier: I am no longer vegetarian, but I think eating healthier is something I have been doing and I’m still focusing on it. I am still going to apply everything I learned being vegetarian to my daily life and still eat some veggie meals. Portion-control is KEY!
2. Read 36 Books: I’m at 23, which means I need to read 13 more in the next 4 months.
3. 300 Followers (updated to 1,000): Woo-hoo, I’ve met this one with the help of all you guys! My new goal is 1,500 and I have faith we can meet it for sure (current count is over 1,250).
4. Make 1 of my Own Designs: Agh! This one has been difficult to figure out how to do, as I’m not a master seamstress. Hopefully, I can complete this one by 2018.
5. Post at least 4x a Month: I most certainly have been, and now I’ve even worked up to 8 times to month! I love creating more content for you all, and writing 8 posts a month makes me more happy than 4 did. My posting schedule is now Wednesdays and Saturdays.
6. Exercise for 20-30 Minutes a Day: Everyday is a bit of a stretch, but I have definitely been somewhat active most days. Plus, on days I have tennis I play for about 2+ hours, and that’s way more than 20 minutes!
7. Sew/DIY More Things: I’ve been collecting many thrift items to create something new with and I sewed a skirt a week ago! This one is a yes for 2017 so far.
8. Earn All A’s: So far, so good! We’ll see where the rest of the fall semester takes me. Having this goal written for all of you to see is a big motivator to work towards this goal even harder.
9. Learn to Juggle: I’ve practiced a few times and there’s hope for the future!
10. Become More Fluent in Spanish: Let’s just say the Spanish app on my phone was recently replaced with a photo-editing one… I’m re-downloading it now though.
11. Learn 5 New Hairstyles: 3 down, 2 more to go! Bubble Braids, topknot, half-up dutch braids are the ones I’ve learned. If you have any suggestions on what my last one should be, let me know in the comments.
13. Avoid Procrastination: Considering that I have the next 3 weeks (at the time I’m writing this) worth of blog posts written, I’d say I’m doing pretty good! School is here though, but fall semester should be the same.
14. Take Art Classes: I’m currently taking Photography at my school, so yay, this one is met and can be checked off! My new goal is to Take an Art Class Outside of School.
15. Run 3x a Week: Tennis season is back and in high gear, and I haven’t been running on days I have tennis, therefore some weeks this is not done 3 times. Yet, I’m fine with it because I’m still getting that healthy exercise!
16. Draw 1-2 Designs a Week: This is one I’ve failed at, but I wish I hadn’t. I’ll work on it, then next time I check in, I will have better things to report.
18. (Added later in the year) 600 Instagram Followers: Another goal that has been reached! Honestly, when I first made this goal, I thought 600 was going to be a long shot. Now, I’m almost to 670! My new goal is 900! By the way, my Instagram is @absolutelyolivia.
I love reading about people’s goals and seeing which they’ve met, so I hope you all enjoyed this post! Let me know what your 2017 goals are and whether or not you’ve met them and feel free to leave any questions or blog post ideas in the comments below. Thanks for reading!