At the beginning of this year, I wrote a post on my 17 Goals for 2017. To keep up with them and maybe even re-motivate myself to accomplish what I haven’t, I am going to do a goals check-up every three months or so. (Disclaimer: I wrote this post back in March and forgot it was in my drafts until now!) This post will be my first one, and I am excited to go back and review the goals I originally planned out at the beginning of this year!
Also, any goals I have reached/finished will be replaced with a new one.
- Eat healthier Not going to lie, this one is definitely questionable as to whether or not I have been doing it. Although, I feel like I have gotten better at stopping myself from eating once I am full, instead of continuously going until I am bloated. I will have to keep working on this one for sure! (Also, I am planning to go vegetarian in the next 2 months or so, so any suggestions on transitioning are welcome in the comments!)
- Read 36 Books So far I have read 11 books (and I am on my 12th), which is on track with my goal for the end of the year.
- 300 WordPress Followers I underestimated this one by a lot! I reached 300 before January was over, and now I am well on my way to 600. My new goal is 1,000.
- Make one of my own designs Plans to do this have already been started, and being only a quarter of the way through the year, I should meet this goal before 2018.
- Post at least 4 times a month This goal is going strong, and I have been able to throw in a few bonus posts in too!This outfit picture is form one of my favorite Solo Style posts of 2017: Funky Blue Camo Jacket
- Exercise for 20-30 minutes a day at least Almost anyone would be lying if they said they exercise every single day, but I will say I have been active most days. 🙂 Tennis, runs, and ab workouts are what I do the most of.
- Sew/DIY more things I was doing really good on this at the beginning of the year, I DIYed a few of my dad’s old shirts and sewed them. I haven’t done as much lately, but I am currently working on sewing pearls onto the sleeves of a thrifted denim jacket. You can follow along with this project on my instagram story too.
- Go to 3 new places, little or big I can’t seem to recall anywhere that stands out that I have been, but this summer I will definitely reach this goal!
- Earn All A’s So far, so good!
- Learn to Juggle This goal probably gets pushed aside some since it is a little random, but I have gotten better though!
- Become more fluent in Spanish I have to admit, I am no more fluent in Spanish than I was at the beginning of the year! With school and the fact that I am learning French currently makes this goal a little hard to reach, but once it is summer I will get back into to learning this language.
- Learn 5 new hairstyles I have learned 2, the Bubble Braid, which I posted a tutorial on, and a regular everyday bun (yes, I couldn’t do a good bun on myself, but I finally have perfected a technique!).
My Bubble Braids!
- Journal Every Other Week This one has been an utter fail, unless you include my blog as a sort of journal…
- Avoid Procrastination If anything, this is one I have improved on the most. Now, I rarely wait to the last minute and it has helped me so much in the long run!
- Take some Art classes I haven’t done this one yet, but hope to in the future.
- Run 3x a Week This one really depends on the week, but in general I run at least twice.
- Draw 1-2 Designs a Week Another fail if we’re talking about clothing designs, but I have been drawing a lot lately, just not clothing designs!
2 of my drawings, the one on the left is an original quote!
Now that I have an official Instagram for my blog, @absolutelyolivia, a new goal I am adding is to reach 600 followers by the end of the year! Be sure to go check it out if you would like!
Thanks for reading,