Our Christmas Tree
Lately, I have been reading more and more tags and I have wanted to do one for a while! Since, it is almost Christmas (17 days to be exact!!!), I am going to do the Christmas Tag! I feel like this is one of the perfect ones for everyone to get to know me a little better! Hope you enjoy!
1. What is your favorite Christmas movie?
Honestly, I love them all (who doesn’t!), but two of my favorites are The Polar Express because it was one of the first Christmas movies I ever remember watching and How the Grinch Stole Christmas because the dog is the cutest thing I have ever seen! 🙂
2. Have you ever had a white Christmas?
Yes! A few years ago we woke up and there was blankets of snow everywhere. My grandparents have a hilly field in front of their house, so we got to go sledding.
3. Where do you usually spend your holiday?
My family always goes up to my grandparents. Both sides of the family live in the same town, so we will spend Christmas Eve at one side and go to the other side early Christmas Day morning.
4. What is your favorite Christmas song?
OMG!!! Definitely, “All I Want For Christmas is You” by Mariah Carey. It is pretty cliche, but isn’t everyone once in a while???
5. Do you open presents on Christmas Eve?
Like I said in question 3, we switch sides of the family during Christmas, so whichever side I’m with on Christmas Eve, then we exchange gifts.
6. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
I learned a song a while back with all the names so here goes: Dasher, Dancer, Donner, Vixen, Cupid, Comet, Blitzen, Prancer. Also, Rudolph, can’t forget Rudolph!
7. What holiday traditions are you most looking forward to this year?
Even though we already did it, setting up the Christmas Tree on the Saturday after Thanksgiving with my family is always a favorite.
8. Is your Christmas tree real or fake?
9. What is your all time favorite holiday food/sweet treat?
I love, love, love Cranberry sauce! Also, peanut butter balls.
10. Be honest, do you like giving or receiving gifts better?
Ummm… receiving, considering I am awful at picking out presents for others 😦
11. What is the best Christmas gift you have ever received?
Oooo, one year my grandparents sent me on a scavenger hunt and at the end I found out I was going to New York City over my Spring Break! I guess we can say that is what started my obsession with that city!
12. What would your dream place be to visit during the holiday season?
New York City 🙂
13. Are you a pro-present wrapper or do you fail miserably?
Fail miserably! There is too much tape involved for my present-wrapping skills to ever be perfect.
14. Most memorable holiday moment?
It was nothing important, but the year it snowed on Christmas our whole family went for a walk through the woods behind my grandparent’s house after opening presents. The hike was such an adventure and we walked past semi-frozen lakes and creeks and ended up on a deserted road, then walked back to our house.
15. Do you make New Years Resolutions? Do you stick to them?
I call them goals instead of resolutions because I feel like goals seem like something more accessible and I do not feel as much pressure to do them. I don’t think I have ever really stuck to one, but I stop keeping track after a little while! I plan to do a blog post on my New Year Goals so stay tuned for that!
16. What makes the holidays special for you?
Being with family and everyone is always in a good mood this time of year and Christmas is just a break from everything in the outside world, which can be calming and relieving. Also, the warm, warm fires in the living rooms that are glowy and happy!
Thanks for reading my Christmas Tag! Happy Holidays, Olivia